Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Kool-Aid Kanye

as if we needed more evidence of his fruity liscious tang tang self...like hanging with a dude in leopard print pants wasnt enough.....i found this today.... PO THANG...




"Everyone in hip-hop discriminates against gay people," Kanye West says. Kanye West says "gay" has become an antonym to hip-hop - and that it needs to be stopped. During an interview for an MTV special, the 27-year-old rapper launched into a discussion about hip-hop and homosexuality while talking about "Hey Mama," a song on his upcoming album, "Late Registration." West says that when he was young, people would call him a "mama's boy." "And what happened was, it made me kind of homophobic, 'cause it's like I would go back and question myself," West says on the show, "All Eyes on Kanye West," set to air Thursday night (10:30 p.m. ET). West says he changed his ways, though, when he learned one of his cousins was gay. "It was kind of like a turning point when I was like, `Yo, this is my cousin. I love him and I've been discriminating against gays."' West says hip-hop was always about "speaking your mind and about breaking down barriers, but everyone in hip-hop discriminates against gay people." He adds that in slang, gay is "the opposite, the exact opposite word of hip-hop." Kanye's message: "Not just hip-hop, but America just discriminates. And I wanna just, to come on TV and just tell my rappers, just tell my friends, `Yo, stop it."' West, whose debut disc "The College Dropout" won a Grammy for best rap album, will see his second record in stores on Aug. 30.

2 comments:

  1. he is starting to get on that list of people i hate...the group that when i see them coming, i sigh real deep and reach for the remote. id rather watch kangaroos in the wild on Discovery channel than hear him speak. He used to be so well spoken, always cocky, but since Mama died? he really needs to take a trip somewhere by his self and chillax.

    oh, and hell he just might be a tad bit sweet...he keep mentioning it and aint nobody asking about it lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to his statement. I have a cousin and have met friends over the years who have come out or realized who they were or whatever. I had to grow up but concerning homosexuality, the gay and lesbian communities have to understand that it ain't easy for us either. You know somebody your whole life then all the sudden they change or let you know what they've been afriad to face all their lives and now it's like here deal with it.

    It's difficult!
    Stop by!
    Jaycee

    ReplyDelete